What I expect from any work of art is that it surprises me, that it violates my customary valuations of things and offers me other, unexpected ones. ~Marcel Duchamp . . . Questions or comments please contact me at sswoodard at yahoo dot com.
  • scottwoodardstudio
  • Saturday, March 27, 2010

    300 Million Worldwide

    300millionworldwide copy
    30" x 20", acrylic on canvas

    My entry in the OWOA Strokes for Hope Tour. The OWOA Strokes for Hope Tour is an international exhibit that is scheduled to tour various countries and be displayed in multiple galleries over a three-year period.

    The title, Strokes for Hope, refers to painting with compassion and a forward vision. It suggests that the works in the Tour reflect, on some level, that the artist is thinking about issues such as human trafficking, world peace, hunger and poverty, abuse, and other issues that require positive social change. It is hoped that the Tour art will create viewer awareness and stimulate public thought and action in regards to these types of issues.

    No comments: